Sunday 15 January 2012

 
Hi everybody! I'm The Present Simple Girl.

 
I like habits and routines. I always do the same things and at the same time. For example, I always drink two glasses of milk in the morning and I usually arrive at school at twenty five past eight . I often wear jeans and T-shirts. I love pop music. I also love animals and plants. I have a beautiful garden.


Tal como a rapariga diz o Present Simple tem a haver com hábitos e rotinas daí que, sempre que falamos em "Daily routine"  ele lhe está associado.

Vamos então ver como se constrói e em que circunstâncias se utiliza:

  Simple Present
  

O Simple Present é usado para expressar eventos, ações ou condições rotineiras, permanentes.

Luiz is my brother.
I go to the gym everyday.
We leave for school at 7 a.m.
Podemos usar o Simple Present para afirmar ou negar uma opinião, algo que acreditamos ser verdadeiro ou não e também verdades incontestáveis.

 The sun rises every mornings. 
Italians eat lots of pasta.
O Simple Present pode também transmitir a idéia de que algo está acontecendo ou não no presente momento.

I don't have a car.
He is at home now.
We need help with our homework.

Existem algumas expressões indicadoras deste tempo verbal, que normalmente são: usually, frequently, often, every day, all the time.

Para formar sentenças no Simple Present, usamos as seguintes regras:

Afirmativa: I work, You work, He/She/it works (terceira pessoa do singular: adiciona S ou ES)

I have a new house.
She has a new apartment.
I do social work sometimes.
She does voluntary work.
Interrogativa: Usa o verbo auxiliar "to do" e não modifiques o verbo.

Do you like to play cards?
Where do you live?
Does she work with you?
How does he go to school every day?

Negativa: do not, don't, does not, doesn't

I don't have any money.
Jack does not work here.
Mary doesn't care about us.

Atenção: Não uses o verbo auxiliar "to do" com o verbo "to be". Inverte o sujeito e o verbo para a forma interrogativa e acrescente "not" para a forma negativa.

Are you sad?
Is she here?
I am not sad.
She isn't here.




No comments: